Feedback: Fill Out The Traveler Survey
A Traveler is a small piece of an RPG. The idea is to get a taste of trading, fighting and exploring in a 3D world of anthropomorphic animals and mythical creatures. The prototype takes place at night in a little village in the woods. You can collect items and trade with various characters to earn your first weapon – a bow. The bow can be used to fight monsters lurking in the woods and get the treasures they hold.
Where do we see this game going?
This prototype is based on a concept we’ve been formulating for several years. Our dream is to create massive procedurally generated worlds that allow for near-endless exploration. The gameplay would land somewhere between early Zelda games and Animal Crossing. Some ideas:
- Procedurally generated world (including creatures, NPCs and towns)
- Procedurally generated quests that allow for hours of unique gameplay with each new game
- Lots of interesting things to collect
- Minecraft style multiplayer
Issues with the prototype
- When monsters attack you it’s not very obvious what’s happening
- Collision can be a little wonky sometimes
- Aaron (art, programming & design)
- Forest (art & design)
- Music from incompetech.com (by Kevin Macleod)